Thomas Keller's Brussel Sprouts
Complement your dining experience with the perfect side dish to accompany Thomas Keller's Pan Roasted Atlantic Halibut with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce. Chef Keller's Brussels Sprouts recipe offers a tantalizing blend of flavors and textures. Using the 3.5-qt. NanoBond® Sauté Pan, you'll effortlessly create thinly sliced Brussels sprouts and shallots, perfectly caramelized and infused with a delicate balance of butter, white wine vinegar, and black pepper. This culinary masterpiece will elevate your meal to a whole new level of gourmet delight, serving two lucky individuals.
- Grapeseed Oil 2 T (25 g)
- Brussels Sprouts, thinly sliced 1/8” thick on a mandolin 8 oz. (225 g)
- Shallots 2.5 oz. (70 g), thinly sliced on 1/8” thick on a mandolin
- Kosher Salt 1 t (4 g)
- Unsalted Butter 4 T (60 g)
- White Wine Vinegar 2 t (10 g), season to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, season to taste
3.5-qt. NanoBond® Sauté Pan
Featured Hestan Product:
Heat the 3.5-qt. NanoBond® Sauté Pan over medium heat then add the grapeseed oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the brussels sprouts, shallots, and kosher salt. Cover the pan with the lid and cook the brussels sprouts until they are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid then add the butter, reduce the temperature to medium-low.
- Stir occasionally scraping the bottom of the pan until the brussels sprouts are lightly caramelized and soft.
- Add the white wine vinegar and season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Drain the brussels sprouts on the paper towels to drain any excess fat before serving.