Mom's Baked Ziti
Indulge in a comforting classic with this Baked Ziti recipe, featuring a rich red sauce, savory Italian sausage, fragrant fresh basil, and perfectly cooked rigatoni. With each layer of flavor, this dish is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 pound rigatoni or penne
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Olive Oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups marinara or red pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
OvenBond Rectangular Baker
Provisions Pasta Insert
Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease a Hestan OvenBond Rectangular Baker with Cobram Estate Olive Oil.
Bring a Hestan ProBond 8 Quart Stockpot and Hestan Pasta Insert with salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until it's just slightly undercooked, as it will continue cooking in the oven. Drain and set aside.
In a Hestan NanoBond 12.5” Skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the Italian sausage, breaking it into crumbles with a spatula, and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove any excess grease.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and fresh basil, letting the flavors meld together for a few minutes.
- In the prepared Hestan OvenBond Rectangular Baker, layer half of the cooked pasta, followed by half of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and half of the Parmesan cheese over this layer.
- Repeat with the remaining pasta and sauce, and top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then, uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Let it rest for a few minutes before serving. The fresh basil adds a delightful freshness to the rich Italian sausage and red sauce, making this Baked Ziti a truly memorable meal that your family will request time and time again.