Falafel Chicken Meatballs with Beet Tahini
These Falafel Chicken Meatballs with Beet Tahini Sauce & Mint Parsley Pesto is one of the best recipes I’ve ever made. This meal is also gluten-free, dairy-free & perfect for meal prep!
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 15 oz. Can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 White Onion peeled and diced
- 3 large Garlic Cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro Leaves packed and finely minced
- ¼ cup Parsley Leaves packed and finely minced
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/4 cup Herby Crackers crushed
- 1 Small Beet
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 Lemon zested & juiced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Fresh Mint
- ½ cup Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Pistachios toasted
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- Sea Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Black Rice cooked to package instructions
- Good Olive Oil for drizzling
- Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Toasted Pistachios chopped
NanoBond® Sauté pan
ProBond® TITUM® Nonstick Skillet
The Falafel Chicken Meatballs:
Beet Tahini Sauce:
Mint Parsley Pesto:
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Roast the beet, whole and unpeeled, in tin foil for 30 minutes or until a fork can easily be inserted into the center of the beet.
Let cool and remove the skin (the skin will easily come off of the beet).
In a sauté pan, caramelize the diced white onion with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Let the onions cool.
Combine the beet tahini ingredients in a food processor. Season to taste and set aside.
Cook the black rice to package instructions. Using a vegetable or chicken stock instead of water adds great flavor to the rice!
Clean out the food process and add all of the pesto ingredients, minus the olive oil. With the food processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil. Season to taste and set the pesto aside.
Once the caramelized onions are cooled (so they don’t cook the egg in the meatball mixture), combine the meatball ingredients. Form into 2” meatballs and cook in a sauté pan with olive oil on medium heat.
Flip the meatballs once one side is golden brown and crispy.
Add the cooked black rice to a plate, top with the falafel chicken meatballs, and drizzle the beet tahini sauce over the meatballs. Swirl the mint pesto sauce and a drizzle of good olive oil in circles around the edge of the plate. Top with fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves & chopped toasted pistachios. Enjoy!