Christmas Carrot Cake
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 1/8 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons hard butter
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 500 g cream cheese, cubed
4 rosemary sprigs
1 tbsp pomegranate arils
Provisions™ OvenBond Square Baker
Products to Use:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in the cranberries, walnuts, pineapple, and carrots to coat in the flour mix.
- In a food processor, add the eggs, sugar and oil and blend until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8” x 8” baker.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until an inserted knife comes our clean.
- Place cake on rack to cool
For the Icing:
Add the butter into a food processor, then sift in the icing sugar, pour in the lemon juice, and add the cream cheese. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the icing.
- Decorate with rosemary sprigs and pomegranate arils.
- Serve and enjoy!