Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
Indulge in the decadent harmony of rich chocolate and the subtle elegance of olive oil with this exquisite cake recipe. Discover a delightful blend of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds and elevate your dessert experience.
- ½ cup Cobram Estate extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large yolk
- ½ cup milk
Provisions Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece
OvenBond Stainless Steel Half Sheet Pan Racks
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with olive oil. Using paper towel, wipe sides of pan, leaving only thin film of oil. Combine olive oil and chocolate in bowl and microwave until chocolate is melted, about 1 minute. Stir until combined. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium Hestan Provisions Mixing Bowl.
Whisk 1 cup sugar, eggs, and yolk in large Hestan Provisions Mixing Bowl until combined. Whisk in olive oil mixture until fully incorporated. Whisk in milk until incorporated. Whisk in flour mixture until smooth. Transfer batter to prepared pan; sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over surface. Secure pan clip with your hand to prevent pan from opening and rap pan gently on counter to dislodge surface air bubbles. Bake until skewer inserted diagonally into crack and aimed toward center of cake comes out with few crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes.
Transfer pan to Hestan OvenBond Wire Rack and let cake cool completely, about 2 hours. Run knife around edge of cake to loosen. Remove side of pan. Cut cake into wedges and serve.