Asparagus with Pancetta & Balsamic Vinaigrette
1 bunch asparagus, washed, cut off the bottom 2” to eliminate wood stems. Peel the remaining 1” near the bottom to keep them tender.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided for pancetta and for vinaigrette
- 4 oz. diced pancetta
- Kosher salt
- Ice water bath
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. black pepper
NanoBond 11in Skillet
ProBond 3.5qt Essential Pan
Products to Use:
Wash and prep asparagus by cutting off woody bottoms and peeling the remaining 1” to keep them tender.
Start a skillet over medium heat and add extra virgin olive oil. Add diced pancetta and cook until golden brown, 5-7 mins. Remove and wipe out all drippings, except for 1 Tbsp.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt.
- Prepare an ice bath of ice water.
When water is boiling, add the asparagus and cook for 1 min. Remove promptly and plunge into the ice bath to stop the cooking, 2 mins. Then remove asparagus and place on a paper towel to dry completely and bring back to room temp.
- To the skillet, add extra virgin olive oil, shallots, and garlic, cook for 1 min. over medium low heat, do not brown.
- To the skillet, add mustard, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper, whisking to combine completely. Place the asparagus into the skillet to coat in the balsamic vinaigrette.
- Remove asparagus to a plate and top with remaining balsamic vinaigrette from the skillet and reserved crispy pancetta.