Five Cheese Mac N' Cheese
3 Tbsp butter, plus another Tbsp for the topping
3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- 2 cups gruyere
- 2 cups fontina
- 2 cups muenster
- 4 cups half & half
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. elbow pasta
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped and divided for topping and garnish
ProBond® 8qt Stockpot
NanoBond® 5qt Dutch Oven
Provisions™ OvenBond Rectangular Baker
For the Topping:
Products to use:
Start a large pot of water on high to bring to a boil, add a few large pinches of salt 2-3 Tbsp.
- Bring a small saucepan of half and half to a simmer to keep warm.
- While waiting for that to come to a boil, heat a large dutch oven to medium and melt butter, as soon as it’s melted and bubbly, sprinkle flour, whisk to combine and cook for 2 mins.
- Grate all the cheeses and set aside.
- Slowly add the warm half and half to the flour mixture, whisking to combine as you add it. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 5 mins. to allow sauce to thicken. Add 2 tsp. kosher salt and 1 tsp. black pepper, stir to combine.
- When water is boiling, cook the elbow pasta for 8-10 mins. following package instructions.
- Slowly begin to add the cheeses to the sauce, stirring with a wooden spoon to combine fully, keep on low heat.
When pasta is done cooking, add it to the cheese sauce, stirring to coat, taste for salt and pepper and add more if desired. Carefully pour it into an OvenBond Rectangular Baker. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a small skillet on the stove, combine equal amounts of EVOO and butter over medium heat. When it bubbles, add panko, garlic, parsley and toast until golden brown.
- Add the topping evenly to the top of the mac n’ cheese, sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.
Bake on middle rack for 10 mins. until golden and bubbly. When it’s done, sprinkle more fresh parsley and serve!