Zucchini Lemon Loaf
courtesy of zimmysnook
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Indulge in the vibrant flavors with our delectable Zucchini Lemon Loaf recipe. Bursting with the citrusy zing of lemon and the wholesome goodness of grated yellow zucchini, this delightful treat, baked to perfection in our Hestan Stainless Steel loaf pan, promises a slice of heaven in every bite. Top it off with a luscious lemon glaze for a touch of sweetness that perfectly complements the moist, tender crumb.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup yellow zucchini, grated
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
Zucchini Lemon Loaf
Products to Use:
Grease a Hestan Stainless Steel loaf pan, then line it with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the eggs, then add in the oil and sugar. Continue to mix until combined.
- Add the buttermilk, lemon juice and zest to the bowl and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients through a fine mesh strainer and sift into the wet ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are blended in and the mixture is mostly smooth.
- Add the grated zucchini and using a spatula fold it into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean and the top is light golden brown.
- Let the pan cool for 30 minutes. Then lift the two sides of the parchment surrounding the loaf and place the loaf on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prior to serving, prepare the glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk. Drizzle lightly over the top of the bread. Let the glaze harden for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with fresh fruit and enjoy.