Sweet & Spicy Salmon Bowls
Entree, Main Course
Rice of your choice; jasmine, basmati, brown or quinoa
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced thinly
- ½ cup rice vinegar, plus 2 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for veggies
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salmon Marinade: 2 Tbsp. gochujang, 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. honey, 1 Tbsp. water
- 4 salmon filets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced lengthwise
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
Thomas Keller Insignia TITUM Nonstick 11” Skillet
Products to Use:
Preheat oven to 400F convection bake.
- Prepare rice, quinoa or grain of your choice.
Add sliced cucumbers and red onions to a small bowl with rice vinegar and 2 Tbsp. water. Place in the fridge until you’re ready to plate.
In a large non-stick pan, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add diced garlic and fry until golden brown. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon and reserve for garnish. Remove about half of the oil.
Make marinade by combining gochujang, soy, honey, and water in a bowl, whisk to combine. Separate some of the marinade and brush marinade over salmon filets on all sides. Reserve the remaining marinade to drizzle over the top at the end.
Add the broccoli and shitake mushrooms to a baking sheet, toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake on top rack for 15 mins. After 15 mins. toss the veggies and cook for an additional 5 mins. until crispy and golden, remove.
Heat the same skillet over medium low heat and add salmon, cook for about 4 mins. Watch it to make sure it doesn’t get too dark, if it starts to darken too quickly, reduce heat slightly. Flip and cook another 4-5 mins. on the other side until desired doneness. Cook time may vary, depending upon how thick the cut of salmon is.
- To assemble, scoop rice in the bottom of a shallow bowl, top with the crispy veggies, a filet of salmon, a drizzle of the remaining marinade sauce, some pickled cucumbers and onions, chopped fresh cilantro and fried garlic.