Standing Rib Roast
Main Course, Entree
Prepare for “oohs” and “ahhs” when you place this roast on your holiday table. Although it looks difficult, it’s truly simple to prepare—slather it with the herb butter the night before; then let your Hestan Roaster and Double Oven do the work.
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground dried peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pink peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1½ tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1½ tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 4-rib prime rib roast, chine bone removed
Provisions™ Large Classic Roaster
Products to Use:
- Stir or pulse together in food processor butter, green and pink peppercorns, salt, rosemary, oregano, and oil in a small bowl. Spread evenly over roast. Chill, uncovered, 12 hours or up to 24 hours.
Remove roast from the refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place roast on a lightly greased rack in a Hestan Provisions Classic Roaster. Bake on lowest oven rack 15-minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 120°F to 130°F for medium-rare or 130°F to 135°F for medium, about 2 hours.
Let stand 30-minutes. Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving ½ cup drippings for gravy. Serve with pan-gravy. Garnish with rosemary.