Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
These vibrant bell peppers are generously filled with a savory blend of lean ground turkey, aromatic spices, and a medley of rice, and beans, creating a delightful and nutritious dish.
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cobram Estate Olive Oil
- Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish (optional)
Hestan 11” ProBond Skillet
Hestan OvenBond Square Baker
Prepare the Peppers:
Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse them well.
- If the peppers don't stand upright, slice a small portion off the bottoms to create a flat base without puncturing the pepper.
Prepare the Filling:
In a Hestan 11” ProBond Skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet. Break it up using a spatula and cook until it's no longer pink and cooked through.
- Stir in the cooked rice, diced tomatoes, black beans, ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to let the flavors meld.
Stuff the Peppers:
Place the bell peppers upright in a Hestan OvenBond Square Baker.
- Fill each pepper with the ground turkey and rice mixture, pressing down gently to pack the filling.
- If there's any leftover filling, you can sprinkle it around the peppers in the baking dish.
Cover the Hestan OvenBond Square Baker with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
Add Cheese and Finish Baking:
Remove the foil and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the tops of the stuffed peppers.
Put the Hestan OvenBond Square Baker back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Carefully remove the stuffed peppers from the oven.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro if desired.
- Serve the stuffed peppers warm as a delicious and wholesome meal